Selected Inspirational Quotes
The secret of getting ahead is getting started. The secret of getting started is breaking your complex overwhelming tasks into smaller manageable tasks, and then starting on the first one.
– Mark Twain, American Humorist and Author
Waiting for perfect is never as smart as making progress.
– Seth Godin, Marketer and Entrepreneur
Every worthwhile accomplishment, big or little, has its stages of drudgery and triumph: a beginning, a struggle and a victory.
– Mahatma Gandhi
I’m convinced that about half of what separates the successful entrepreneurs from the non-successful ones is pure perseverance.
– Steve Jobs
Never, never, never give up.
– Winston Churchill
I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.
– Michael Jordan, NBA Legend
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do.
– Steve Jobs, Apple co-founder
Don’t worry about failure; you only have to be right once.
– Drew Houston, Dropbox founder and CEO
You don’t need to have a 100-person company to develop that idea.
– Larry Page, Google co-founder
If you are not embarrassed by the first version of your product, you’ve launched too late.
– Reid Hoffman, LinkedIn co-founder
Embrace what you don’t know, especially in the beginning, because what you don’t know can become your greatest asset. It ensures that you will absolutely be doing things different from everybody else.
– Sara Blakely, SPANX founder
What do you need to start a business? Three simple things: know your product better than anyone. Know your customer, and have a burning desire to succeed.
– Dave Thomas, Founder, Wendy’s
Risk more than others think is safe. Dream more than others think is practical.
– Howard Schultz, Starbucks CEO
You shouldn’t focus on why you can’t do something, which is what most people do. You should focus on why perhaps you can, and be one of the exceptions.
– Steve Case, AOL co-founder
The way to get started is to quit talking and begin doing.
– Walt Disney, Disney founder
I like to pride myself on thinking pretty long term, but not that long term.
– Mark Zuckerberg, Facebook founder
You don’t learn to walk by following rules. You learn by doing and falling over.
– Richard Branson, Virgin Group founder
I never took a day off in my twenties. Not one.
– Bill Gates, Microsoft co-founder
I made a resolve then that I was going to amount to something if I could. And no hours, nor amount of labor, nor amount of money would deter me from giving the best that there was in me. And I have done that ever since, and I win by it. I know.
– Harland Sanders, KFC founder
Trust your instincts.
– Estee Lauder, American Businesswoman
If you’re not a risk taker, you should get the hell out of business.
– Ray Kroc, McDonald’s founder
When you find an idea that you just can’t stop thinking about, that’s probably a good one to pursue.
– Josh James, Omniture CEO and co-founder
You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take.
– Wayne Gretzky, NHL Legend
If you’re going through hell, keep going.
– Winston Churchill, British Prime Minister
Fail often so you can succeed sooner.
– Tom Kelley, Ideo partner
It’s hard to do a really good job on anything you don’t think about in the shower.
– Paul Graham, YCombinator co-founder
Entrepreneur is someone who has a vision for something and a want to create.
– David Karp, Tumblr founder and CEO
Every day that we spent not improving our products was a wasted day.
– Joel Spolsky, Stack Overflow co-founder
Timing, perseverance, and ten years of trying will eventually make you look like an overnight success.
– Biz Stone, Twitter co-founder
It’s more effective to do something valuable than to hope a logo or name will say it for you.
– Jason Cohen, Smart Bear Software founder
I knew that if I failed I wouldn’t regret that, but I knew the one thing I might regret is not trying.
– Jeff Bezos, Amazon founder and CEO